3838.11 How do I locate and record mining claims or tunnel sites on SRHA lands§ 3838.11 How do I locate and record mining claims or tunnel sites on SRHA lands?
(a) You must -
(1) Submit a notice of intent to locate mining claims form (NOITL), which you may obtain from BLM, with the proper BLM State Office and submit a non-refundable service charge for processing the NOITL (see the table of fees in § 3830.21 of this chapter);
(2) Serve a copy of the NOITL on the surface owner(s) of record, by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested; and
(3) Submit proof to BLM that you served a copy of the NOITL on the surface owner(s) to complete submission of a NOITL with BLM.
(b) You can submit the NOITL to BLM and serve a copy of the NOITL on the surface owner(s) at the same time.
(c) If you want to explore parcels of land that are owned by different people, you must submit a separate NOITL for each parcel of land.
(d) You must -
(1) Wait 30 days after you serve the surface owner(s) with the NOITL before entering the lands to explore for minerals or locate a mining claim or tunnel site; and
(2) Follow procedures for locating mining claims and tunnel sites in part 3832, recording mining claim and tunnel sites in part 3833, and annual maintenance of mining claims in parts 3834 and 3835 of this chapter.