3832.1 What does it mean to locate mining claims or sites§ 3832.1 What does it mean to locate mining claims or sites?
(a) Locating a mining claim or site means:
(1) Establishing the exterior lines of a mining claim or site on lands open to mineral entry to identify the exact land claimed; and
(2) Recording a notice or certificate of location as required by state and Federal law and by this part.
(b) You will find -
(1) Location requirements in this part;
(2) Recording requirements in part 3833 of this chapter;
(3) Requirements for transferring an interest in a mining claim or site in § 3833.30 of this chapter; and
(4) Annual fee requirements for mining claims and sites in parts 3834, 3835, and 3836 of this chapter.