3282.6 When must the unit operator propose to revise a participating area boundary§ 3282.6 When must the unit operator propose to revise a participating area boundary?
(a) The unit operator must submit a written application to BLM to revise a participating area boundary no later than 60 days after receipt of the BLM determination described herein, when either:
(1) A well is completed that BLM has determined will produce or utilize in commercial quantities, and such well:
(i) Is located outside of an existing participating area; or
(ii) Drains an area outside the existing participating area; or
(2) An injection well located outside of an existing participating area is put into use that BLM has determined provides reservoir pressure support to production.
(b) The unit operator may submit a written application for a revision of a participating area when new or additional technical information or revised interpretations of any information provides a basis for revising the boundary.
(c) The unit operator may submit a written request to BLM to delay a participation area revision decision when drilling multiple wells in the unit is actively pursued or the drilling is providing additional technical information. A delay will not affect the effective date of any participation area revision (see § 3282.7). The request must include:
(1) The well locations;
(2) Anticipated spud and completion dates of each well;
(3) The timing of well testing and analyses of technical information; and
(4) The anticipated date BLM will receive the participation area revision for review.
(d) BLM will provide the unit operator with a written decision on the application to revise a participating area or the request to delay a participating area revision decision by BLM.