3262.10 What operational requirements must I meet when drilling a well§ 3262.10 What operational requirements must I meet when drilling a well?
(a) When drilling a well, you must:
(1) Keep the well under control at all times by:
(i) Conducting training during your operation to maintain the capability of your personnel to perform emergency procedures quickly and effectively;
(ii) Using properly maintained equipment; and
(iii) Using operational practices that allow for quick and effective emergency response.
(b) You must use sound engineering principles and take into account all pertinent data when:
(1) Selecting and using drilling fluid types and weights;
(2) Designing and implementing a system to control fluid temperatures;
(3) Designing and using blowout prevention equipment; and
(4) Designing and implementing a casing and cementing program.
(c) Your operation must always comply with the requirements of § 3200.4.