3261.13 What is a drilling program and how do I apply for drilling program approval§ 3261.13 What is a drilling program and how do I apply for drilling program approval?
(a) A drilling program describes all the operational aspects of your proposal to drill, complete, and test a well.
(b) Send to BLM:
(1) A detailed description of the equipment, materials, and procedures you will use;
(2) The proposed/anticipated depth of the well;
(3) If you plan to directionally drill your well, also send us:
(i) The proposed bottom hole location and distances from the nearest section or tract lines;
(ii) The kick-off point;
(iii) The direction of deviation;
(iv) The angle of build-up and maximum angle; and
(v) Plan and cross section maps indicating the surface and bottom hole locations;
(4) The casing and cementing program;
(5) The circulation media (mud, air, foam, etc.);
(6) A description of the logs that you will run;
(7) A description and diagram of the blowout prevention equipment you will use during each phase of drilling;
(8) The expected depth and thickness of fresh water zones;
(9) Anticipated lost circulation zones;
(10) Anticipated reservoir temperature and pressure;
(11) Anticipated temperature gradient in the area;
(12) A plat certified by a licensed surveyor showing the surveyed surface location and distances from the nearest section or tract lines;
(13) Procedures and durations of well testing; and
(14) Any other information we may require.