3251.11 What information is in a complete Notice of Intent to Conduct Geothermal Resource Exploration Operations application§ 3251.11 What information is in a complete Notice of Intent to Conduct Geothermal Resource Exploration Operations application?
To obtain approval of exploration operations on BLM-managed lands, your application must:
(a) Include a complete and signed Form 3200-9, Notice of Intent to Conduct Geothermal Resource Exploration Operations that describes the lands you wish to explore;
(b) For operations other than drilling temperature gradient wells, describe your exploration plans and procedures, including the approximate starting and ending dates for each phase of operations;
(c) For drilling temperature gradient wells, describe your drilling and completion procedures, and include, for each well or for several wells you propose to drill in an area of geologic and environmental similarity:
(1) A detailed description of the equipment, materials, and procedures you will use;
(2) The depth of each well;
(3) The casing and cementing program;
(4) The circulation media (mud, air, foam, etc.);
(5) A description of the logs that you will run;
(6) A description and diagram of the blowout prevention equipment you will use during each phase of drilling;
(7) The expected depth and thickness of fresh water zones;
(8) Anticipated lost circulation zones;
(9) Anticipated temperature gradient in the area;
(10) Well site layout and design;
(11) Existing and planned access roads or ancillary facilities; and
(12) Your source of drill pad and road building material and water supply.
(d) Show evidence of bond coverage (see § 3251.15);
(e) Estimate how much surface disturbance your exploration may cause;
(f) Describe the proposed measures you will take to protect the environment and other resources;
(g) Describe methods to reclaim the surface; and
(h) Include all other information BLM may require.