3212.27 How will BLM or MMS review my request to modify the lease royalty rate terms§ 3212.27 How will BLM or MMS review my request to modify the lease royalty rate terms?
After you submit your request to modify the royalty rate terms under § 3212.25, BLM will:
(a) Review your application, and if BLM determines that:
(1) Your application is complete and contains all necessary information, we will notify you of the date on which your complete request was received; or
(2) Your request is not complete or does not contain all necessary information, we will notify you of the additional information that is required;
(b) Analyze the data you submitted to establish a royalty rate if the geothermal resources are used for commercial electrical generation;
(c) Consult with MMS and any state or local governments that may be affected by the change in royalty rate terms; and
(d)(1) No later than 140 days after the day on which we determine a complete request with all necessary information was received, BLM will send you written notification of the proposed royalty rate that BLM determines to be revenue neutral.
(2) If you reject the proposed rate, we must receive written notification from you no later than 30 days after the date of your receipt of our notification. BLM will accept a faxed notification received within the 30-day time limit. However, following the fax, you must submit to BLM written notification which BLM must receive no later than the 179th day following the day on which BLM determines we received your complete request.
(3) If you reject the proposed royalty rate on a timely basis:
(i) BLM will not issue a decision modifying the royalty rate terms of your lease;
(ii) The existing royalty rate terms in your lease continue to apply; and
(iii) You may not reapply for a royalty rate term conversion under § 3212.25.
(4) Unless timely written notification is received from you rejecting the proposed rate, BLM will issue a decision modifying the royalty rate terms of your lease no later than 180 days after the day on which we determine a complete request was received. The effective date of the new royalty rate is the first day of the month following the date on which the decision was issued. For example, a decision issued on July 21, will become effective on August 1.