3191.1-3 Action upon petition.§ 3191.1-3 Action upon petition.
Upon request for a delegation of authority, the Director shall determine if:
(a) The State has proposed an acceptable plan for carrying out the delegated activities and will provide adequate resources to achieve the purposes of 30 U.S.C. 1735. This plan shall, at a minimum:
(1) Identify specific authorities and responsibilities for which the State is requesting a delegation of authority and whether it is applicable to Federal lands only or includes Indian lands;
(2) Provide evidence of written permission of the affected Indian tribe(s) or allottee(s) for such lands;
(3) Include specifics for carrying out the delegated activities;
(4) Indicate the inspector resources for carrying out the delegated activities and documentation of inspector qualifications;
(5) Describe the proposed record keeping for funding purposes;
(6) Detail the frequency and method of payment; and
(7) Include copies of any non-Federal forms that are to be used.
(b) The State has demonstrated that it will effectively and faithfully administer the rules and regulations of the Department of the Interior in accordance with the provisions of 30 U.S.C. 1735.
(c) The delegation will be carried out in coordination with activities retained by the Bureau so that such delegation will not create an unreasonable burden on any lessee.