3179.2 Scope.§ 3179.2 Scope.
(a) This subpart applies to:
(1) All onshore Federal and Indian (other than Osage Tribe) oil and gas leases, units, and communitized areas, except as otherwise provided in this subpart;
(2) IMDA oil and gas agreements, unless specifically excluded in the agreement or unless the relevant provisions of this subpart are inconsistent with the agreement;
(3) Leases and other business agreements and contracts for the development of tribal energy resources under a Tribal Energy Resource Agreement entered into with the Secretary, unless specifically excluded in the lease, other business agreement, or Tribal Energy Resource Agreement;
(4) Committed State or private tracts in a federally approved unit or communitization agreement defined by or established under 43 CFR part 3100, subpart 3105, or 43 CFR part 3180; and
(5) All onshore well facilities located on a Federal or Indian lease or a federally approved unit or communitized area.
(b) For purposes of this subpart, the term “lease” also includes IMDA agreements.