3178.2 Scope.§ 3178.2 Scope.
(a) This subpart applies to:
(1) All onshore Federal and Indian (other than Osage Tribe) oil and gas leases, units, and communitized areas, except as otherwise provided in this subpart;
(2) Indian Mineral Development Act (IMDA) oil and gas agreements, unless specifically excluded in the agreement or unless the relevant provisions of this subpart are inconsistent with the agreement;
(3) Leases and other business agreements and contracts for the development of tribal energy resources under a Tribal Energy Resource Agreement entered into with the Secretary, unless specifically excluded in the lease, other business agreement, or Tribal Energy Resource Agreement;
(4) Committed State or private tracts in a federally approved unit or communitization agreement defined by or established under 43 CFR subpart 3105 or 43 CFR part 3180; and
(5) All onshore wells, and production equipment located on a Federal or Indian lease or a federally approved unit or communitized area, and compressors located on a Federal or Indian lease or a federally approved unit or communitized area and which compress production from the same Federal or Indian lease or federally approved unit or communitized area.
(b) For purposes of this subpart, the term “lease” also includes IMDA agreements.