3175.132 Testing of reference accuracy.§ 3175.132 Testing of reference accuracy.
(a) The following reference test conditions must be maintained for the duration of the testing:
(1) Ambient air temperature must be between 59 °F and 77 °F and must not vary over the duration of the test by more than ±2 °F;
(2) Relative humidity must be between 45 percent and 75 percent and must not vary over the duration of the test by more than ±5 percent;
(3) Atmospheric pressure must be between 12.46 psi and 15.36 psi and must not vary over the duration of the test by more than ±0.2 psi;
(4) The transducer must be isolated from any externally induced vibrations;
(5) The transducer must be mounted according to the manufacturer's specifications in the same manner as it would be mounted in normal field operations;
(6) The transducer must be isolated from any external electromagnetic fields; and
(7) For reference accuracy testing of differential-pressure transducers, the downstream side of the transducer must be vented to the atmosphere.
(b) Before reference testing begins, the following pre-conditioning steps must be followed:
(1) After power is applied to the transducer, it must be allowed to stabilize for at least 30 minutes before applying any input pressure or temperature;
(2) The transducer must be exercised by applying three full-range traverses in each direction; and
(3) The transducer must be calibrated according to manufacturer specifications if a calibration is required or recommended by the manufacturer.
(c) Immediately following preconditioning, the transducer must be tested at least three times for accuracy under § 3175.131(h). The results of these tests must be used to determine the transducer's reference accuracy under § 3175.135.