3173.7 Hot oiling, clean-up, and completion operations.§ 3173.7 Hot oiling, clean-up, and completion operations.
(a) During hot oil, clean-up, or completion operations, or any other situation where the operator removes oil from storage, temporarily uses it for operational purposes, and then returns it to storage on the same lease, unit PA, or communitized area, the operator must document the following information:
(1) Federal or Indian lease, unit PA, or CA number(s);
(2) Tank location by land description;
(3) Unique tank number and nominal capacity;
(4) Date of the opening gauge;
(5) Opening gauge measurement (gauged manually or automatically) to the nearest 1/2 inch;
(6) Unique identifying number of each seal removed;
(7) Closing gauge measurement (gauged manually or automatically) to the nearest 1/2 inch;
(8) Unique identifying number of each seal installed;
(9) How the oil was used; and
(10) Where the oil was used (i.e., well or facility name and number).
(b) During hot oiling, line flushing, or completion operations or any other situation where the operator removes production from storage for use on a different lease, unit PA, or communtized area, the production is considered sold and must be measured in accordance with the applicable requirements of this subpart and reported as sold to ONRR on the OGOR under 30 CFR part 1210 subpart C for the period covering the production in question.