2201.3-4 Appraisal review.§ 2201.3-4 Appraisal review.
(a) Appraisal reports shall be reviewed by a qualified review appraiser meeting the qualifications set forth in § 2201.3-1 of this part. Statements of value prepared by agency appraisers are not subject to this review.
(b) The review appraiser shall determine whether the appraisal report:
(1) Is complete, logical, consistent, and supported by a market analysis;
(2) Complies with the standards prescribed in § 2201.3-3 of this part; and
(3) Reasonably estimates the probable market value of the lands appraised.
(c) The review appraiser shall prepare a written review report, containing at a minimum:
(1) A description of the review process used;
(2) An explanation of the adequacy, relevance, and reasonableness of the data and methods used by the appraiser to estimate value;
(3) The reviewing appraiser's statement of conclusions regarding the appraiser's estimate of market value; and
(4) A certification by the review appraiser to the following:
(i) The review appraiser has no present or prospective interest in the property that is the subject of the review report; and
(ii) The review appraiser has not, and will not, receive compensation that was contingent on the approval of the appraisal report.