1864.1-2 Form of application.§ 1864.1-2 Form of application.
(a) No specific form of application is required.
(b) A nonrefundable fee of $100 shall accompany the application.
(c) Each application shall include:
(1) A legal description of the lands for which a disclaimer is sought. The legal description shall be based on either an official United States public land survey or, in the absence of or inappropriateness (irregularly shaped tracts) of an offical public land survey, a metes and bounds survey (whenever practicable, tied to the nearest corner of an official public land survey), duly certified in accordance with State law, by the licensed civil engineer or surveyor who executed or supervised the execution of the metes and bounds survey. A true copy of the field notes and plat of survey shall be attached to and made a part of the application. If reliance is placed in whole or in part on an official United States public land survey, such survey shall be adequately identified for record retrieval purposes;
(2) The applicant's name, mailing address, and telephone number and the names addresses and telephone numbers of others known or believed to have or claim an interest in the lands;
(3) All documents which show to the satisfaction of the authorized officer the applicant's title to the lands;
(4) As complete a statement as possible concerning:
(i) The nature and extent of the cloud on the title, and
(ii) The reasons the applicant believes:
(A) The record title interest of the United States in the lands included in the application has terminated by operation of law or is otherwise invalid, including a copy or legal citation of relevant provisions of law; or
(B) The lands between the meander line shown on the plat of survey approved by the Bureau of Land Management or its predecessors and the actual shoreline of a body of water are not lands of the United States, including as documentation an official plat of survey or a reference to a date of filing or approval and, if the applicant elects, any non-Federal survey plats related to the issue; or
(C) The lands are accreted, relicted or avulsed and are no longer lands of the United States, including submission for the uplands portion of the body of water affected a copy of an official plat of survey or a reference to it by date of filing or approval and, if the applicant elects, any non-Federal survey plats related to the issue;
(5) Any available documents or title evidence, such as historical and current maps, photographs, and water movement data, that support the application;
(6) The name, mailing address, and telephone number of any known adverse claimant or occupant of the lands included in the application;
(7) Any request the applicant may have that the disclaimer be issued in a particular form suitable for use in the jurisdiction in which it will be recorded; and
(d) Based on prior discussions with the applicant, the authorized officer may waive any or all of the aforementioned items if in his/her opinion they are not needed to properly adjudicate that application.