421.308 Renewal of a contract.§ 421.308 Renewal of a contract.
(a) General. (1) CMS specifies an initial contract term in the Medicare integrity program contract.
(2) Contracts under this subpart may contain renewal clauses.
(3) CMS may, but is not required to, renew the Medicare integrity program contract, without regard to any provision of law requiring competition, as it determines to be appropriate, by giving the contractor notice, within timeframes specified in the contract, of its intent to do so.
(b) Conditions for renewal of contract. CMS may renew a Medicare integrity program contract if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The Medicare integrity program contractor continues to meet the requirements established in this subpart.
(2) The Medicare integrity program contractor meets or exceeds the performance requirements established in its current contract.
(3) It is in the best interest of the government.
(c) Nonrenewal of a contract. If CMS does not renew a contract, the contract ends in accordance with its terms.