101-30.603 GSA Supply Catalog.§ 101-30.603 GSA Supply Catalog.
(a) The GSA Supply Catalog is an illustrated catalog, published annually, which serves as the primary source to identify and order centrally managed, stocked, and issued items available from GSA supply facilities. The catalog also provides information concerning other Federal Supply Service programs and GSA services.
(b) The GSA Supply Catalog contains all necessary information for ordering from the GSA Federal Supply Service stock program and basic information, such as:
(1) Alphabetical Index. This index is organized alphabetically by approved item names under the basic noun name in inverted word sequence, (i.e. sofa, sleeper) with reference to the page that contains the pertinent item description.
(2) Item Descriptions/Ordering Data. Item descriptions are listed by commodity groups in this section. Included also are descriptive and ordering data with representative illustrations for selected common-use items that are centrally managed, stocked, and issued from GSA supply facilities.
(3) National Stock Number Index. This NSN sequenced index lists items that are centrally managed, stocked, and issued from GSA supply facilities.
(4) Narrative. The narrative includes comprehensive detailed information to use and understand the GSA Federal Supply Service stock program.
(5) Other Federal Supply Service sales programs and GSA services. This section provides to user agencies pertinent information regarding the use and understanding of the GSA Federal Supply Service stock program, sales program, and other GSA services.
(c) Changes to the GSA Supply Catalog are effected by change bulletins issued during April, July, and October. These are cumulative publications that contain information pertaining to new items, changes to supply management data, and deleted items.
(d) Special Notice to Ordering Office is issued on a nonscheduled basis as required by the Commissioner, FSS, to inform agencies of significant program changes to the GSA Supply Catalog.[46 FR 35646, July 10, 1981]