101-25.106 Servicing of office machines.§ 101-25.106 Servicing of office machines.
(a) The determination as to whether office machines are to be serviced by use of annual maintenance contracts or per-call arrangements shall be made in each case after comparison of the relative cost affecting specific types of equipment in a particular location and consideration of the factors set forth in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Prior to making the determination required by paragraph (a) of this section, consideration shall be given to:
(1) Standard of performance required;
(2) Degree of reliability needed;
(3) Environmental factors; i.e., dusty surroundings or other unfavorable conditions;
(4) Proximity to available repair facilities;
(5) Past experience with service facility; i.e., reputation, performance record, quality of work, etc.;
(6) Daily use (heavy or light) and operator's care of machine;
(7) Age and performance record of machine;
(8) Machine inventory in relation to operating needs; i.e., availability of reserve machine in case of breakdown;
(9) Number of machines; including overall frequency of repairs required;
(10) Security restrictions, if any; and
(11) Other pertinent factors.[31 FR 14260, Nov. 4, 1966]