90.208 Certification.§ 90.208 Certification.
(a) In the application for certification a manufacturer must:
(1) Submit a statement that the engines for which certification is requested will not, to the best of the manufacturer's belief, cause the manufacturer to be in noncompliance under § 90.207(b) when all credits are calculated for the manufacturer's engine families.
(2) Declare an FEL for each engine family for HC + NOX (NMHC + NOX). The FEL must have the same number of significant digits as the emission standard.
(3) Indicate the projected number of credits generated/needed for this family; the projected applicable eligible annual production volume, and the values required to calculate credits as given in § 90.207.
(4) Submit calculations in accordance with § 90.207 of projected emission credits (positive or negative) based on annual production projections for each family.
(5) (i) If the engine family is projected to have negative emission credits, state specifically the source (manufacturer/engine family or reserved) of the credits necessary to offset the credit deficit according to projected annual production.
(ii) If the engine family is projected to generate credits, state specifically (manufacturer/engine family or reserved) where the projected annual credits will be applied.
(iii) The manufacturer may supply the information required by this section in the form of a spreadsheet detailing the manufacturer's annual production plans and the credits generated or consumed by each engine family.
(b) All certificates issued are conditional upon manufacturer compliance with the provisions of this subpart both during and after the model year of production.
(c) Failure to comply with all provisions of this subpart will be considered to be a failure to satisfy the conditions upon which the certificate was issued, and the certificate may be determined to be void ab initio pursuant to § 90.123.
(d) The manufacturer bears the burden of establishing to the satisfaction of the Administrator that the conditions upon which the certificate was issued were satisfied or waived.
(e) Projected credits based on information supplied in the certification application may be used to obtain a certificate of conformity. However, any such credits may be revoked based on review of end-of-year reports, follow-up audits, and any other verification steps considered appropriate by the Administrator.