89.210 Maintenance of records.§ 89.210 Maintenance of records.
(a) The manufacturer of any nonroad engine that is certified under the averaging, banking, and trading program must establish, maintain, and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records for each such engine produced:
(1) EPA engine family;
(2) Engine identification number;
(3) Engine model year and build date,
(4) Power rating;
(5) Purchaser and destination; and
(6) Assembly plant.
(b) The manufacturer of any nonroad engine family that is certified under the averaging, banking, and trading programs must establish, maintain, and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records for each such family:
(1) EPA engine family;
(2) Family emission limits (FEL);
(3) Power rating for each configuration tested;
(4) Projected applicable production/sales volume for the model year; and
(5) Actual applicable production/sales volume for the model year.
(c) Any manufacturer producing an engine family participating in trading reserved credits must maintain the following records on a quarterly basis for each engine family in the trading program:
(1) The engine family;
(2) The actual quarterly and cumulative applicable production/sales volume;
(3) The values required to calculate credits as given in § 89.207;
(4) The resulting type and number of credits generated/required;
(5) How and where credit surpluses are dispersed; and
(6) How and through what means credit deficits are met.
(d) The manufacturer must retain all records required to be maintained under this section for a period of eight years from the due date for the end-of-model-year report. Records may be retained as hard copy or reduced to microfilm, ADP diskettes, and so forth, depending on the manufacturer's record retention procedure; provided, that in every case all information contained in the hard copy is retained.
(e) Nothing in this section limits the Administrator's discretion in requiring the manufacturer to retain additional records or submit information not specifically required by this section.
(f) Pursuant to a request made by the Administrator, the manufacturer must submit to the Administrator the information that the manufacturer is required to retain.
(g) EPA may void ab initio under § 89.126(c) a certificate of conformity for an engine family for which the manufacturer fails to retain the records required in this section or to provide such information to the Administrator upon request.[59 FR 31335, June 17, 1994. Redesignated and amended at 63 FR 56995, 57009, Oct. 23, 1998]