89.126 Denial, revocation of certificate of conformity.§ 89.126 Denial, revocation of certificate of conformity.
(a) If, after review of the manufacturer's application, request for certification, information obtained from any inspection, and any other information the Administrator may require, the Administrator determines that one or more test engines do not meet applicable standards (or family emission limits, as appropriate), then the Administrator will notify the manufacturer in writing, setting forth the basis for this determination.
(b) Notwithstanding the fact that engines described in the application may comply with all other requirements of this subpart, the Administrator may deny the issuance of, suspend, or revoke a previously issued certificate of conformity if the Administrator finds any one of the following infractions to be substantial:
(1) The manufacturer submits false or incomplete information;
(2) The manufacturer denies an EPA enforcement officer or EPA authorized representative the opportunity to conduct authorized inspections;
(3) The manufacturer fails to supply requested information or amend its application to include all engines being produced;
(4) The manufacturer renders inaccurate any test data which it submits or otherwise circumvents the intent of the Act or this part;
(5) The manufacturer denies an EPA enforcement officer or EPA authorized representative reasonable assistance (as defined in § 89.129(e)).
(c) If a manufacturer knowingly commits an infraction specified in paragraph (b)(1) or (b)(4) of this section, knowingly commits any other fraudulent act which results in the issuance of a certificate of conformity, or fails to comply with the conditions specified in § 89.203(d), § 89.206(c), § 89.209(c) or § 89.210(g), the Administrator may deem such certificate void ab initio.
(d) When the Administrator denies, suspends, revokes, or voids ab initio a certificate of conformity the manufacturer will be provided a written determination. The manufacturer may request a hearing under § 89.127 on the Administrator's decision.
(e) Any suspension or revocation of a certificate of conformity shall extend no further than to forbid the introduction into commerce of engines previously covered by the certification which are still in the hands of the manufacturer, except in cases of such fraud or other misconduct that makes the certification invalid ab initio.[59 FR 31335, June 17, 1994. Redesignated and amended at 63 FR 56995, 57005, Oct. 23, 1998]