770.99 Incorporation by reference.§ 770.99 Incorporation by reference.
The materials listed in this section are incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, a document must be published in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved materials are available for inspection at the OPPT Docket in the Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), West William Jefferson Clinton Bldg., Rm. 3334, 1301 Constitution Ave. NW., Washington, DC. The EPA/DC Public Reading Room hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number of the EPA/DC Public Reading room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the OPPT Docket is (202) 566-0280. In addition, these materials are also available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call (202) 741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html.\n. These materials may also be obtained from the sources listed in this section.
(a) CPA, APA, and HPVA Materials. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the specific publisher, as noted in this paragraph (a), or from the American National Standards Institute, 1899 L Street NW, 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20036, or by calling (202) 293-8020, or at http://ansi.org/. Note that ANSI A190.1-2017 is published by APA - the Engineered Wood Association. ANSI A135.4-2012, ANSI A135.5-2012, ANSI A135.6-2012, ANSI A135.7-2012, ANSI A208.1-2016 and ANSI A208.2-2016 are published by the Composite Panel Association; and ANSI/HPVA-HP-1-2016 is published by the Hardwood Plywood Veneer Association.
(1) ANSI A135.4-2012, Basic Hardboard, Approved June 8, 2012, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(2) ANSI A135.5-2012, Prefinished Hardboard Paneling, Approved March 29, 2012, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(3) ANSI A135.6-2012, Engineered Wood Siding, Approved June 5, 2012, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(4) ANSI A135.7-2012, Engineered Wood Trim, Approved July 17, 2012, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(5) ANSI A190.1-2017, Standard for Wood Products - Structural Glued Laminated Timber, Approved January 24, 2017, IBR approved for § 770.1(c).
(6) ANSI A208.1-2016, Particleboard, Approved May 12, 2016, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(7) ANSI A208.2-2016, Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) for Interior Applications, Approved May 12, 2016, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(8) ANSI/HPVA HP-1-2016, American National Standard for Hardwood and Decorative Plywood, Approved January 12, 2016, IBR approved for § 770.3.
(b) ASTM material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Dr., P.O. Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, or by calling (877) 909-ASTM, or at http://www.astm.org.
(1) ASTM D5055-16, Standard Specification for Establishing and Monitoring Structural Capacities of Prefabricated Wood I-Joists, Approved June 1, 2016, IBR approved for § 770.1(c).
(2) ASTM D5456-14b, Standard Specification for Evaluation of Structural Composite Lumber Products, Approved October 1, 2014, IBR approved for § 770.1(c).
(3) ASTM D5582-14, Standard Test Method for Determining Formaldehyde Levels from Wood Products Using a Desiccator, Approved-August 1, 2014, IBR approved for § 770.20(b).
(4) ASTM D6007-14, Standard Test Method for Determining Formaldehyde Concentrations in Air from Wood Products Using a Small-Scale Chamber, Approved October 1, 2014, IBR approved for §§ 770.3, 770.7(a) through (c), 770.15(c), 770.17(a), 770.18(a), and 770.20(b) through (d).
(5) ASTM E1333-14, Standard Test Method for Determining Formaldehyde Concentrations in Air and Emission Rates from Wood Products Using a Large Chamber, Approved October 1, 2014, IBR approved for §§ 770.3, 770.7(a) through (c), 770.10(b), 770.15(c), 770.17(a), 770.18(a), and 770.20(c) and (d).
(c) CEN materials. Copies of these materials are not directly available from the European Committee for Standardization, but from one of CEN's National Members, Affiliates, or Partner Standardization Bodies. To purchase a standard, go to CEN's Web site, http://www.cen.eu, and select “Products” for more detailed information.
(1) BS EN ISO 12460-3:2015 E, Wood-based panels. - Determination of formaldehyde release - Part 3: Gas analysis method, November 2015, IBR approved for § 770.20(b).
(2) BS EN ISO 12460-5:2015 E, Wood based panels. - Determination of formaldehyde release - Part 5: Extraction method (called the perforator method), December 2015, IBR approved for § 770.20(b).
(d) Georgia Pacific material. Copies of this material may be obtained from Georgia-Pacific Chemicals LLC, 133 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30303, or by calling (877) 377-2737, or at http://www.gp-dmc.com/default.aspx.
(1) The Dynamic Microchamber computer integrated formaldehyde test system, User Manual, revised March 2007 (DMC 2007 User's Manual) IBR approved for § 770.20(b).
(2) The GP Dynamic Microchamber Computer-integrated formaldehyde test system, User Manual, copyright 2012 (DMC 2012 GP User's Manual), IBR approved for § 770.20(b).
(e) ISO material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the International Organization for Standardization, 1, ch. de la Voie- Creuse, CP 56, CH-1211, Geneve 20, Switzerland, or by calling +41-22-749-01-11, or at http://www.iso.org.
(1) ISO/IEC 17011:2017(E) Conformity assessments - requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessments bodies (Second Edition), November 2017.
(2) ISO/IEC 17020:2012(E), Conformity assessment-Requirements for the operation of various bodies performing inspection, Second edition, 2012-03-01 IBR approved for §§ 770.3 and 770.7(a) through (c).
(3) ISO/IEC 17025:2017(E) General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories (Third Edition), November 2017.
(4) ISO/IEC 17065:2012(E), Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services, First edition, 2012-09-15, IBR approved for §§ 770.3 and 770.7(a) and (c).
(f) Japanese Standards Association. Copies of this material may be obtained from Japanese Industrial Standards, 1-24, Akasaka 4, Minatoku, Tokyo 107- 8440, Japan, or by calling +81-3-3583-8000, or at http://www.jsa.or.jp/.
(1) JIS A 1460:2015(E), Determination of the emission of formaldehyde from building boards - Desiccator method, First English edition, published 2015-10, IBR approved for § 770.20(b).
(g) NIST material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) by calling (800) 553-6847 or from the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO). To purchase a NIST publication you must have the order number. Order numbers may be obtained from the Public Inquiries Unit at (301) 975-NIST. Mailing address: Public Inquiries Unit, NIST, 100 Bureau Dr., Stop 1070, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-1070. If you have a GPO stock number, you can purchase printed copies of NIST publications from GPO. GPO orders may be mailed to: U.S. Government Printing Office, P.O. Box 979050, St. Louis, MO 63197-9000, placed by telephone at (866) 512-1800 (DC Area only: (202) 512-1800), or faxed to (202) 512-2104. Additional information is available online at: http://www.nist.gov.
(1) PS 1-09, Structural Plywood, May 2010, IBR approved for §§ 770.1(c) and 770.3.
(2) PS 2-10, Performance Standard for Wood-Based Structural-Use Panels, June 2011, IBR approved for §§ 770.1(c) and 770.3.[81 FR 89724, Dec. 12, 2016, as amended at 83 FR 5348, Feb. 7, 2018; 84 FR 43526, Aug. 21, 2019]