73.19 Certain units with declining SO2 rates.§ 73.19 Certain units with declining SO2 rates.
(a) Eligibility. A unit is eligible for allowance allocations under this section if it meets the following requirements:
(1) It is an existing unit that is a utility unit;
(2) It serves a generator with nameplate capacity equal to or greater than 75 MWe;
(3) Its 1985 actual SO2 emissions rate was equal to or greater than 1.2 lb/mmBtu;
(4) Its 1990 actual SO2 emissions rate is at least 50 percent less than the lesser of its 1980 actual or allowable SO2 emissions rate;
(5) Its actual SO2 emission rate is less than 1.2 lb/mmBtu in any one calendar year from 1996 through 1999, as reported under part 75 of this chapter;
(6) It commenced commercial operation after January 1, 1970;
(7) It is part of a utility system whose combined commercial and industrial kilowatt-hour sales increased more than 20 percent between calendar years 1980 and 1990; and
(8) It is part of a utility system whose company-wide fossil-fuel SO2 emissions rate declined 40 percent or more from 1980 to 1988.
(b) [Reserved][58 FR 15710, Mar. 23, 1993, as amended at 63 FR 51765, Sept. 28, 1998]