148.24 Termination of approved petition.§ 148.24 Termination of approved petition.
(a) The Director may terminate an exemption granted under § 148.20 for the following causes:
(1) Noncompliance by the petitioner with any condition of the exemption;
(2) The petitioner's failure in the petition or during the review and approval to disclose fully all relevant facts, or the petitioner's misrepresentation of any relevant facts at any time; or
(3) A determination that new information shows that the basis for approval of the petition is no longer valid.
(b) The Director shall terminate an exemption granted under § 148.20 for the following causes:
(1) The petitioner's willful withholding during the review and approval of the petition of facts directly and materially relevant to the Director's decision on the petition;
(2) A determination that there has been migration from the injection zone or the well that is not in accordance with the terms of the exemption, except that the Director may at his discretion decide not to terminate where:
(i) The migration resulted from a mechanical failure of the well that can be corrected promptly through a repair to the injection well itself or from an undetected well or conduit that can be plugged promptly; and
(ii) The requirements of § 146.67(i) are satisfied.
(c) The Director shall follow the procedures in § 124.5 in terminating any exemption under this section.