1054.255 What decisions may EPA make regarding my certificate of conformity§ 1054.255 What decisions may EPA make regarding my certificate of conformity?
(a) If we determine your application is complete and shows that the emission family meets all the requirements of this part and the Clean Air Act, we will issue a certificate of conformity for your emission family for that model year. We may make the approval subject to additional conditions.
(b) We may deny your application for certification if we determine that your emission family fails to comply with emission standards or other requirements of this part or the Clean Air Act. We will base our decision on all available information. If we deny your application, we will explain why in writing.
(c) In addition, we may deny your application or suspend or revoke your certificate if you do any of the following:
(1) Refuse to comply with any testing, reporting, or bonding requirements.
(2) Submit false or incomplete information (paragraph (e) of this section applies if this is fraudulent).
(3) Render inaccurate any test data.
(4) Deny us from completing authorized activities (see 40 CFR 1068.20). This includes a failure to provide reasonable assistance.
(5) Produce engines or equipment for importation into the United States at a location where local law prohibits us from carrying out authorized activities.
(6) Fail to supply requested information or amend your application to include all engines or equipment being produced.
(7) Take any action that otherwise circumvents the intent of the Clean Air Act or this part.
(d) We may void your certificate if you do not keep the records we require or do not give us information as required under this part or the Clean Air Act.
(e) We may void your certificate if we find that you intentionally submitted false or incomplete information.
(f) If we deny your application or suspend, revoke, or void your certificate, you may ask for a hearing (see § 1054.820).