106.250 Declaration of Security (DoS).§ 106.250 Declaration of Security (DoS).
(a) Each OCS facility owner or operator must ensure procedures are established for requesting a DoS and for handling DoS requests from vessels.
(b) At MARSEC Level 1, owners or operators of OCS facilities interfacing with a manned vessel carrying Certain Dangerous Cargoes, in bulk, must:
(1) Prior to the arrival of a vessel to the OCS facility, ensure the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Master, Vessel Security Officer (VSO), or their designated representatives coordinate security needs and procedures, and agree upon the contents of a DoS for the period of time the vessel is at the OCS facility; and
(2) Upon the arrival of the vessel at the OCS facility, the FSO and Master, VSO, or their designated representatives, must sign the written DoS.
(c) Neither the OCS facility nor the vessel may embark or disembark personnel, or transfer stores or industrial supplies until the DoS has been signed.
(d) At MARSEC Levels 2 and 3, the FSOs of OCS facilities interfacing with manned vessels subject to part 104 of this chapter, or their designated representatives, must sign and implement DoSs as required in paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section.
(e) At MARSEC Levels 1 and 2, FSOs of OCS facilities that frequently interface with the same vessel may implement a continuing DoS for multiple visits, provided that:
(1) The DoS is valid for a specific MARSEC Level;
(2) The effective period at MARSEC Level 1 does not exceed 90 days; and
(3) The effective period at MARSEC Level 2 does not exceed 30 days.
(f) When the MARSEC Level increases beyond that contained in the DoS, the continuing DoS is void and a new DoS must be executed in accordance with this section.[USCG-2003-14759, 68 FR 39345, July 1, 2003; 68 FR 41917, July 16, 2003, as amended at 68 FR 60558, Oct. 22, 2003]