103.205 Authority of the COTP as the Federal Maritime Security Coordinator (FMSC).§ 103.205 Authority of the COTP as the Federal Maritime Security Coordinator (FMSC).
(a) Without limitation to the authority vested in the COTP by statute or regulation, and in addition to authority prescribed elsewhere in this part, the COTP as the FMSC is authorized to:
(1) Establish, convene, and direct the Area Maritime Security (AMS) Committee;
(2) Appoint members to the AMS Committee;
(3) Develop and maintain, in coordination with the AMS Committee, the AMS Plan;
(4) Implement and exercise the AMS Plan; and
(5) Maintain the records required by § 103.520 of this part.
(b) The authorizations in paragraph (a) of this section do not limit any other existing authority of the COTP.