580.6 Exception to determination of penalty and request for hearing.§ 580.6 Exception to determination of penalty and request for hearing.
(a) Any person desiring to take exception to the determination of penalty, or to seek judicial review, shall request an administrative hearing pursuant to this part. The exception shall be in writing to the official who issued the determination at the Wage and Hour Division address appearing on the determination notice, and must be received no later than 15 days after the date of receipt of the notice referred to in § 580.3. No additional time shall be added where service of the determination of penalties or of the exception thereto is made by mail. If such a request for an administrative hearing is timely filed, the Administrator's determination shall be inoperative unless and until the case is dismissed or the Administrative Law Judge issues a decision affirming the determination.
(b) No particular form is prescribed for any exception to determination of penalty and request for hearing permitted by this part. However, any such request shall:
(1) Be dated;
(2) Be typewritten or legibly written;
(3) Specify the issue(s) stated in the notice of determination giving rise to such request;
(4) State the specific reason(s) why the person requesting the hearing believes such determination is in error;
(5) Be signed by the person making the request or by an authorized representative of such person; and
(6) Include the address at which such person or authorized representative desires to receive further communications relating thereto.[56 FR 24991, May 31, 1991, as amended at 60 FR 17222, Apr. 5, 1995; 69 FR 75405, Dec. 16, 2004]