594.17 General criteria for competitive selection.§ 594.17 General criteria for competitive selection.
(a) Criteria. HUD will use the following general criteria for selecting and ranking applications for all competitions for John Heinz Neighborhood Development Program funds. The relative values for the criteria will be indicated in each NOFA:
(1) The degree of economic distress and the benefit to low- and moderate-income residents of the neighborhood;
(2) The past performance in carrying out eligible activities, and staff capability;
(3) The quality of the Management/Business Plan;
(4) The evidence of coordination and resident participation; and
(5) The quality of the strategy to increase the capacity of the organization and the strategy developed for meeting long-term financial needs.
(b) Geographic diversity. The Department also reserves the right to fund applicants in other than rank order, for the purpose of achieving geographic balance.