581.2 Applicability.§ 581.2 Applicability.
(a) This part applies to Federal real property which has been designated by Federal landholding agencies as unutilized, underutilized, excess or surplus and is therefore subject to the provisions of title V of the McKinney Act (42 U.S.C. 11411).
(b) The following categories of properties are not subject to this subpart (regardless of whether they may be unutilized or underutilized).
(1) Machinery and equipment.
(2) Government-owned, contractor-operated machinery, equipment, land, and other facilities reported excess for sale only to the using contractor and subject to a continuing military requirement.
(3) Properties subject to special legislation directing a particular action.
(4) Properties subject to a court order.
(5) Property not subject to survey requirements of Executive Order 12512 (April 29, 1985).
(6) Mineral rights interests.
(7) Air space interests.
(8) Indian Reservation land subject to section 202(a)(2) of the Federal Property and Administrative Service Act of 1949, as amended.
(9) Property interests subject to reversion.
(11) Property purchased in whole or in part with Federal funds if title to the property is not held by a Federal landholding agency as defined in this part.