578.39 Continuum of Care planning activities.§ 578.39 Continuum of Care planning activities.
(a) In general. Collaborative applicants may use up to 3 percent of their FPRN, or a maximum amount to be established by the NOFA, for costs of:
(1) Designing and carrying out a collaborative process for the development of an application to HUD;
(2) Evaluating the outcomes of projects for which funds are awarded in the geographic area under the Continuum of Care and the Emergency Solutions Grants programs; and
(3) Participating in the consolidated plan(s) for the geographic area(s).
(b) Continuum of Care planning activities. Eligible planning costs include the costs of:
(1) Developing a communitywide or regionwide process involving the coordination of nonprofit homeless providers, victim service providers, faith-based organizations, governments, businesses, advocates, public housing agencies, school districts, social service providers, mental health agencies, hospitals, universities, affordable housing developers, law enforcement, organizations that serve veterans, and homeless and formerly homeless individuals;
(2) Determining the geographic area that the Continuum of Care will serve;
(3) Developing a Continuum of Care system;
(4) Evaluating the outcomes of projects for which funds are awarded in the geographic area, including the Emergency Solutions Grants program;
(5) Participating in the consolidated plan(s) of the jurisdiction(s) in the geographic area; and
(6) Preparing and submitting an application to HUD on behalf of the entire Continuum of Care membership, including conducting a sheltered and unsheltered point-in-time count and other data collection as required by HUD.
(c) Monitoring costs. The costs of monitoring recipients and subrecipients and enforcing compliance with program requirements are eligible.