570.1 Purpose and primary objective.§ 570.1 Purpose and primary objective.
(a) This part describes policies and procedures applicable to the following programs authorized under title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended:
(1) Entitlement grants program (subpart D);
(2) Nonentitlement Funds: HUD-administered Small Cities and Insular Area programs (subpart F);
(3) State program: State-administered CDBG nonentitlement funds (subpart I);
(4) Special Purpose Grants (subpart E);
(5) Urban Development Action Grant program (subpart G); and
(6) Loan Guarantees (subpart M).
(b) Subparts A, C, J, K, and O apply to all programs in paragraph (a) except as modified or limited under the provisions of these subparts or the applicable program regulations. In the application of the subparts to Special Purpose Grants or the Urban Development Action Grant program, the reference to funds in the form of grants in the term “CDBG funds”, as defined in § 570.3, shall mean the grant funds under those programs. The subparts do not apply to the State program (subpart I) except to the extent expressly referred to.
(c) The primary objective of the programs authorized under title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, is described in section 101(c) of the Act (42 U.S.C. 5301(c)).[53 FR 34437, Sept. 6, 1988, as amended at 56 FR 56126, Oct. 31, 1991; 61 FR 11475, Mar. 20, 1996; 69 FR 32778, June 10, 2004]