200.425 Audit services.§ 200.425 Audit services.
(a) A reasonably proportionate share of the costs of audits required by, and performed in accordance with, the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996 (31 U.S.C. 7501-7507), as implemented by requirements of this part, are allowable. However, the following audit costs are unallowable:
(1) Any costs when audits required by the Single Audit Act and subpart F of this part have not been conducted or have been conducted but not in accordance therewith; and
(2) Any costs of auditing a non-Federal entity that is exempted from having an audit conducted under the Single Audit Act and subpart F of this part because its expenditures under Federal awards are less than $750,000 during the non-Federal entity's fiscal year.
(b) The costs of a financial statement audit of a non-Federal entity that does not currently have a Federal award may be included in the indirect cost pool for a cost allocation plan or indirect cost proposal.
(c) Pass-through entities may charge Federal awards for the cost of agreed-upon-procedures engagements to monitor subrecipients (in accordance with subpart D, §§ 200.331-333) who are exempted from the requirements of the Single Audit Act and subpart F of this part. This cost is allowable only if the agreed-upon-procedures engagements are:
(1) Conducted in accordance with GAGAS attestation standards;
(2) Paid for and arranged by the pass-through entity; and
(3) Limited in scope to one or more of the following types of compliance requirements: activities allowed or unallowed; allowable costs/cost principles; eligibility; and reporting.[78 FR 78608, Dec. 26, 2013, as amended at 85 FR 49564, Aug. 13, 2020]