180.45 Do these guidelines cover persons who are disqualified, as well as those who are excluded from nonprocurement transactions§ 180.45 Do these guidelines cover persons who are disqualified, as well as those who are excluded from nonprocurement transactions?
A Federal agency may add a subpart covering disqualifications to its regulation implementing these guidelines, but the guidelines in subparts A through I of this part -
(a) Address disqualified persons only to -
(1) Provide for their inclusion in SAM Exclusions; and
(2) State responsibilities of Federal agencies and participants to check for disqualified persons before entering into covered transactions.
(b) Do not specify the -
(1) Transactions for which a disqualified person is ineligible. Those transactions vary on a case-by-case basis, because they depend on the language of the specific statute, Executive order or regulation that caused the disqualification;
(2) Entities to which a disqualification applies; or
(3) Process that a Federal agency uses to disqualify a person. Unlike exclusion under subparts A through I of this part, disqualification is frequently not a discretionary action that a Federal agency takes, and may include special procedures.