376.105 Chairman.§ 376.105 Chairman.
(a) Administrative head of agency. The Chairman is the administrative head of the Commission.
(b) Administrative responsibilities. The Chairman is responsible on behalf of the Commission for the executive and administrative operation of the Commission, including functions of the Commission with respect to -
(1) The appointment and employment of Administrative Law Judges in accordance with the provisions of Title 5, United States Code.
(2) The selection, appointment, and fixing of the compensation of such personnel as he deems necessary.
(3) The supervision of personnel employed by or assigned to the Commission, except that each Commissioner may select and supervise personnel for his personal staff.
(4) The distribution of business among personnel and among administrative units of the Commission.
(5) The procurement of services of experts and consultants in accordance with section 3109 of Title 5, United States Code.[45 FR 21222, Apr. 1, 1980, as amended by Order 613, 64 FR 73407, Dec. 30, 1999]