280.310 Application for insignia.§ 280.310 Application for insignia.
(a) Each manufacturer must submit a written application for recordal of an insignia on the Fastener Insignia Register along with the prescribed fee. The application must be in a form prescribed by the Director, USPTO.
(b) The written application must be in the English language and must include the following:
(1) The name of the manufacturer;
(2) The address of the manufacturer;
(3) The entity, domicile, and state of incorporation, if applicable, of the manufacturer;
(i) A request for recordal and issuance of a unique alphanumeric designation by the Director, USPTO, or
(ii) A request for recordal of a trademark, which is the subject of either a duly filed application or a registration for fasteners in the name of the manufacturer in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on the Principal Register, indicating the application serial number or registration number and accompanied by a copy of the drawing that was included with the application for trademark registration, or a copy of the registration;
(5) A statement that the manufacturer will comply with the applicable provisions of the Fastener Quality Act;
(6) A statement that the applicant for recordal is a “manufacturer” as that term is defined in 15 U.S.C. 5402;
(7) A statement that the person signing the application on behalf of the manufacturer has personal knowledge of the facts relevant to the application and that the person possesses the authority to act on behalf of the manufacturer;
(8) A verification stating that the person signing declares under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the information and statements included in the application are true and correct; and
(9) The application fee.
(c) A manufacturer may designate only one trademark for recordal on the Fastener Insignia Register in a single application. The trademark application or registration that forms the basis for the fastener recordal must be in active status, that is, a pending application or a registration which is not expired, or canceled, at the time of the application for recordal.
(d) Applications and other documents should be addressed to: Director, United States Patent and Trademark Office, ATTN: FQA, 600 Dulany Street, MDE-10A71, Alexandria, VA 22314-5793.[61 FR 50558, Sept. 26, 1996. Redesignated and amended at 65 FR 39803, June 28, 2000; 70 FR 50181, Aug. 26, 2005; 72 FR 30704, June 4, 2007]