139.327 Self-inspection program.§ 139.327 Self-inspection program.
(a) In a manner authorized by the Administrator, each certificate holder must inspect the airport to assure compliance with this subpart according to the following schedule:
(1) Daily, except as otherwise required by the Airport Certification Manual;
(2) When required by any unusual condition, such as construction activities or meteorological conditions, that may affect safe air carrier operations; and
(3) Immediately after an accident or incident.
(b) Each certificate holder must provide the following:
(1) Equipment for use in conducting safety inspections of the airport;
(2) Procedures, facilities, and equipment for reliable and rapid dissemination of information between the certificate holder's personnel and air carriers; and
(3) Procedures to ensure qualified personnel perform the inspections. Such procedures must ensure personnel are trained, as specified under § 139.303, and receive initial and recurrent instruction every 12 consecutive calendar months in at least the following areas:
(i) Airport familiarization, including airport signs, marking and lighting.
(ii) Airport emergency plan.
(iii) Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) notification procedures.
(iv) Procedures for pedestrians and ground vehicles in movement areas and safety areas.
(v) Discrepancy reporting procedures; and
(4) A reporting system to ensure prompt correction of unsafe airport conditions noted during the inspection, including wildlife strikes.
(c) Each certificate holder must -
(1) Prepare, and maintain for at least 12 consecutive calendar months, a record of each inspection prescribed by this section, showing the conditions found and all corrective actions taken.
(2) Prepare records of all training given after June 9, 2004 to each individual in compliance with this section that includes, at a minimum, a description and date of training received. Such records must be maintained for 24 consecutive calendar months after completion of training.
(d) FAA Advisory Circulars contain methods and procedures for the conduct of airport self-inspections that are acceptable to the Administrator.