139.303 Personnel.§ 139.303 Personnel.
In a manner authorized by the Administrator, each certificate holder must -
(a) Provide sufficient and qualified personnel to comply with the requirements of its Airport Certification Manual and the requirements of this part.
(b) Equip personnel with sufficient resources needed to comply with the requirements of this part.
(c) Train all persons who access movement areas and safety areas and perform duties in compliance with the requirements of the Airport Certification Manual and the requirements of this part. This training must be completed prior to the initial performance of such duties and at least once every 12 consecutive calendar months. The curriculum for initial and recurrent training must include at least the following areas:
(1) Airport familiarization, including airport marking, lighting, and signs system.
(2) Procedures for access to, and operation in, movement areas and safety areas, as specified under § 139.329.
(3) Airport communications, including radio communication between the air traffic control tower and personnel, use of the common traffic advisory frequency if there is no air traffic control tower or the tower is not in operation, and procedures for reporting unsafe airport conditions.
(4) Duties required under the Airport Certification Manual and the requirements of this part.
(5) Any additional subject areas required under §§ 139.319, 139.321, 139.327, 139.329, 139.337, and 139.339, as appropriate.
(d) Make a record of all training completed after June 9, 2004 by each individual in compliance with this section that includes, at a minimum, a description and date of training received. Such records must be maintained for 24 consecutive calendar months after completion of training.
(e) As appropriate, comply with the following training requirements of this part:
(1) § 139.319, Aircraft rescue and firefighting: Operational requirements;
(2) § 139.321, Handling and storage of hazardous substances and materials;
(3) § 139.327, Self-inspection program;
(4) § 139.329, Pedestrians and Ground Vehicles;
(5) § 139.337, Wildlife hazard management; and
(6) § 139.339, Airport condition reporting.
(f) Use an independent organization, or designee, to comply with the requirements of its Airport Certification Manual and the requirements of this part only if -
(1) Such an arrangement is authorized by the Administrator;
(2) A description of responsibilities and duties that will be assumed by an independent organization or designee is specified in the Airport Certification Manual; and
(3) The independent organization or designee prepares records required under this part in sufficient detail to assure the certificate holder and the Administrator of adequate compliance with the Airport Certification Manual and the requirements of this part.[Doc. No. FAA-2000-7479, 69 FR 6424, Feb. 10, 2004; Amdt. 139-26, 69 FR 31522, June 4, 2004, as amended by Amdt. 139-27, 78 FR 3316, Jan. 16, 2013]