137.39 Economic poison dispensing.§ 137.39 Economic poison dispensing.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, no person may dispense or cause to be dispensed from an aircraft, any economic poison that is registered with the U.S. Department of Agriculture under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (7 U.S.C. 135-135k) -
(1) For a use other than that for which it is registered;
(2) Contrary to any safety instructions or use limitations on its label; or
(3) In violation of any law or regulation of the United States.
(b) This section does not apply to any person dispensing economic poisons for experimental purposes under -
(1) The supervision of a Federal or State agency authorized by law to conduct research in the field of economic poisons; or
(2) A permit from the U.S. Department of Agriculture issued pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (7 U.S.C. 135-135k).[Amdt. 137-2, 31 FR 6686, May 5, 1966]