135.330 Crew resource management training.§ 135.330 Crew resource management training.
(a) Each certificate holder must have an approved crew resource management training program that includes initial and recurrent training. The training program must include at least the following:
(1) Authority of the pilot in command;
(2) Communication processes, decisions, and coordination, to include communication with Air Traffic Control, personnel performing flight locating and other operational functions, and passengers;
(3) Building and maintenance of a flight team;
(4) Workload and time management;
(5) Situational awareness;
(6) Effects of fatigue on performance, avoidance strategies and countermeasures;
(7) Effects of stress and stress reduction strategies; and
(8) Aeronautical decision-making and judgment training tailored to the operator's flight operations and aviation environment.
(b) After March 22, 2013, no certificate holder may use a person as a flightcrew member or flight attendant unless that person has completed approved crew resource management initial training with that certificate holder.
(c) For flightcrew members and flight attendants, the Administrator, at his or her discretion, may credit crew resource management training completed with that certificate holder before March 22, 2013, toward all or part of the initial CRM training required by this section.
(d) In granting credit for initial CRM training, the Administrator considers training aids, devices, methods and procedures used by the certificate holder in a voluntary CRM program included in a training program required by § 135.341, § 135.345, or § 135.349.[Doc. No. FAA-2009-0023, 76 FR 3837, Jan. 21, 2011]