125.411 Airworthiness release or maintenance record entry.§ 125.411 Airworthiness release or maintenance record entry.
(a) No certificate holder may operate an airplane after maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alteration is performed on the airplane unless the person performing that maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alteration prepares or causes to be prepared -
(1) An airworthiness release; or
(2) An entry in the aircraft maintenance records in accordance with the certificate holder's manual.
(b) The airworthiness release or maintenance record entry required by paragraph (a) of this section must -
(1) Be prepared in accordance with the procedures set forth in the certificate holder's manual;
(2) Include a certification that -
(i) The work was performed in accordance with the requirements of the certificate holder's manual;
(ii) All items required to be inspected were inspected by an authorized person who determined that the work was satisfactorily completed;
(iii) No known condition exists that would make the airplane unairworthy; and
(iv) So far as the work performed is concerned, the airplane is in condition for safe operation; and
(3) Be signed by a person authorized in part 43 of this chapter to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alteration.
(c) When an airworthiness release form is prepared, the certificate holder must give a copy to the pilot in command and keep a record of it for at least 60 days.
(d) Instead of restating each of the conditions of the certification required by paragraph (b) of this section, the certificate holder may state in its manual that the signature of a person authorized in part 43 of this chapter constitutes that certification.