121.713 Retention of contracts and amendments: Commercial operators who conduct intrastate operations for compensation or hire.§ 121.713 Retention of contracts and amendments: Commercial operators who conduct intrastate operations for compensation or hire.
(a) Each commercial operator who conducts intrastate operations for compensation or hire shall keep a copy of each written contract under which it provides services as a commercial operator for a period of at least 1 year after the date of execution of the contract. In the case of an oral contract, it shall keep a memorandum stating its elements, and of any amendments to it, for a period of at least one year after the execution of that contract or change.
(b) Each commercial operator who conducts intrastate operations for compensation or hire shall submit a financial report for the first 6 months of each fiscal year and another financial report for each complete fiscal year. If that person's operating certificate is suspended for more than 29 days, that person shall submit a financial report as of the last day of the month in which the suspension is terminated. The report required to be submitted by this section shall be submitted within 60 days of the last day of the period covered by the report and must include -
(1) A balance sheet that shows assets, liabilities, and net worth on the last day of the reporting period;
(2) The information required by § 119.36 (e)(2), (e)(7), and (e)(8) of this chapter;
(3) An itemization of claims in litigation against the applicant, if any, as of the last day of the period covered by the report;
(4) A profit and loss statement with the separation of items relating to the applicant's commercial operator activities from his other business activities, if any; and
(5) A list of each contract that gave rise to operating income on the profit and loss statement, including the names and addresses of the contracting parties and the nature, scope, date, and duration of each contract.[Doc. No. 28154, 60 FR 65936, Dec. 20, 1995, as amended by Amdt. 121-262, 62 FR 13257, Mar. 19, 1997]