Title 10 Part 50 → §50.30
Title 10 → Chapter I → Part 50 → §50.30
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR
Title 10 Part 50 → §50.30
§50.30 Filing of application; oath or affirmation.
(a) Serving of applications. (1) Each filing of an application for a standard design approval or license to construct and/or operate, or manufacture, a production or utilization facility (including an early site permit, combined license, and manufacturing license under part 52 of this chapter), and any amendments to the applications, must be submitted to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission in accordance with §50.4 or §52.3 of this chapter, as applicable.
(2) The applicant shall maintain the capability to generate additional copies of the general information and the safety analysis report, or part thereof or amendment thereto, for subsequent distribution in accordance with the written instructions of the Director, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, or Director, Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards, as appropriate.
(3) Each applicant for a construction permit under this part, or an early site permit, combined license, or manufacturing license under part 52 of this chapter, shall, upon notification by the Atomic Safety and Licensing Board appointed to conduct the public hearing required by the Atomic Energy Act, update the application and serve the updated copies of the application or parts of it, eliminating all superseded information, together with an index of the updated application, as directed by the Atomic Safety and Licensing Board. Any subsequent amendment to the application must be served on those served copies of the application and must be submitted to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission as specified in §50.4 or §52.3 of this chapter, as applicable.
(4) The applicant must make a copy of the updated application available at the public hearing for the use of any other parties to the proceeding, and shall certify that the updated copies of the application contain the current contents of the application submitted in accordance with the requirements of this part.
(5) At the time of filing an application, the Commission will make available at the NRC Web site, http://www.nrc.gov, a copy of the application, subsequent amendments, and other records pertinent to the matter which is the subject of the application for public inspection and copying.
(6) The serving of copies required by this section must not occur until the application has been docketed under §2.101(a) of this chapter. Copies must be submitted to the Commission, as specified in §50.4 or §52.3 of this chapter, as applicable, to enable the Director, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, or the Director, Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards, as appropriate, to determine whether the application is sufficiently complete to permit docketing.
(b) Oath or affirmation. Each application for a standard design approval or license, including, whenever appropriate, a construction permit or early site permit, or amendment of it, and each amendment of each application must be executed in a signed original by the applicant or duly authorized officer thereof under oath or affirmation.
(d) Application for operating licenses. The holder of a construction permit for a production or utilization facility shall, at the time of submission of the final safety analysis report, file an application for an operating license or an amendment to an application for a license to construct and operate a production or utilization facility for the issuance of an operating license, as appropriate. The application or amendment shall state the name of the applicant, the name, location and power level, if any, of the facility and the time when the facility is expected to be ready for operation, and may incorporate by reference any pertinent information submitted in accordance with §50.33 with the application for a construction permit.
(e) Filing Fees. Each application for a standard design approval or production or utilization facility license, including, whenever appropriate, a construction permit or early site permit, other than a license exempted from part 170 of this chapter, shall be accompanied by the fee prescribed in part 170 of this chapter. No fee will be required to accompany an application for renewal, amendment, or termination of a construction permit, operating license, combined license, or manufacturing license, except as provided in §170.21 of this chapter.
(f) Environmental report. An application for a construction permit, operating license, early site permit, combined license, or manufacturing license for a nuclear power reactor, testing facility, fuel reprocessing plant, or other production or utilization facility whose construction or operation may be determined by the Commission to have a significant impact in the environment, shall be accompanied by an Environmental Report required under subpart A of part 51 of this chapter.
[23 FR 3115, May 10, 1958, as amended at 33 FR 10924, Aug. 1, 1968; 34 FR 6307, Apr. 3, 1969; 35 FR 19660, Dec. 29, 1970; 37 FR 5749, Mar. 21, 1972; 51 FR 40307, Nov. 6, 1986; 64 FR 48951, Sept. 9, 1999; 68 FR 58809, Oct. 10, 2003; 72 FR 49490, Aug. 28, 2007; 73 FR 5721, Jan. 31, 2008; 84 FR 65644, Nov. 29, 2019]