719.15 What are the requirements for a Staffing and Resource Plan§ 719.15 What are the requirements for a Staffing and Resource Plan?
(a) For significant matters in litigation, the contractor must require retained legal counsel to prepare a Staffing and Resource Plan. The contractor must then forward the Staffing and Resource Plan to Department Counsel.
(b) Retained legal counsel retained directly by the Department subject to this part must prepare a Staffing and Resource Plan and forward it to Department Counsel.
(c) A Staffing and Resource Plan must describe the following:
(1) Major phases likely to be involved in the handling of the matter;
(2) Timing and sequence of such phases;
(3) Projected cost for each phase of the representation; and
(4) Detailed description of resources that the retained legal counsel intends to devote to the representation.
(d) A Staffing and Resource Plan must include a budget, broken down by phases, including at a minimum the following phases:
(1) Matter assessment, development and administration;
(2) Pretrial pleadings and motions;
(4) Trial preparation and trial; and
(e) The contractor must notify Department Counsel before incurring retained legal counsel costs in excess of costs listed in the budget developed pursuant to paragraph (d) of this section.