2519.500 How does the Corporation review an application§ 2519.500 How does the Corporation review an application?
(a) The Corporation will review an application submitted under this part on the basis of the quality, innovation, replicability, and sustainability of the proposed program and such other criteria as the Corporation establishes in an application package.
(b) In addition, in reviewing applications submitted under this part, the Corporation will take into consideration whether proposed programs -
(1) Demonstrate the commitment of the institution of higher education, other than by demonstrating the commitment of its students, to supporting the community service projects carried out under the program;
(2) Specify how the institution will promote faculty, administration, and staff participation in the community service projects;
(3) Specify the manner in which the institution will provide service to the community through organized programs, including, where appropriate, clinical programs for students in professional schools and colleges;
(4) Describe any higher education partnership that will participate in the community service projects, such as a higher education partnership comprised of the institution, a student organization, a community-based agency, a local government agency, or a nonprofit entity that serves or involves school-age youth, older adults, low-income communities, a department of the institution, or a group of faculty comprised of different departments, schools, or colleges at the institution;
(5) Demonstrate community involvement in the development of the proposal and the extent to which the proposal will contribute to the goals of the involved community members;
(6) Demonstrate a commitment to perform community service projects in underserved urban and rural communities;
(7) Describe research on effective strategies and methods to improve service utilized in the design of the projects;
(8) Specify that the institution will use funds under this part to strengthen the infrastructure in institutions of higher education;
(9) With respect to projects involving delivery of service, specify projects that involve leadership development of school-age youth; or
(10) Describe the needs that the proposed projects are designed to address, such as housing, economic development, infrastructure, health care, job training, education, crime prevention, urban planning, transportation, information technology, or child welfare.
(c) In addition, the Corporation may designate additional review criteria in an application notice that will be used in selecting programs.[74 FR 46505, Sept. 10, 2009]