2932.57 Prohibited acts and penalties.§ 2932.57 Prohibited acts and penalties.
(a) Prohibited acts. You must not -
(1) Fail to obtain a Special Recreation Permit and pay the fees required by this subpart;
(2) Violate the stipulations or conditions of a permit issued under this subpart;
(3) Knowingly participate in an event or activity subject to the permit requirements of this subpart if BLM has not issued a permit;
(4) Fail to post a copy of any commercial or competitive permit where all participants may read it;
(5) Fail to show a copy of your Special Recreation Permit upon request by either a BLM employee or a participant in your activity.
(6) Obstruct or impede pedestrians or vehicles, or harass visitors or other persons with physical contact while engaged in activities covered under a permit or other authorization; or
(7) Refuse to leave or disperse, when directed to do so by a BLM law enforcement officer or State or local law enforcement officer, whether you have a required Special Recreation Permit or not.
(b) Penalties. (1) If you are convicted of any act prohibited by paragraphs (a)(2) through (a)(7) of this section, or of failing to obtain a Special Recreation Permit under paragraph (a)(1) of this section, you may be subject to a sentence of a fine or imprisonment or both for a Class A misdemeanor in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 3571 and 3581 et seq. under the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1733(a)).
(2) If you are convicted of failing to pay a fee required by paragraph (a)(1) of this section, you may be subject to a sentence of a fine not to exceed $100 for the first offense, or a sentence of a fine and or imprisonment for a Class A or B misdemeanor in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 3571 and 3581 et seq. for all subsequent offenses.
(3) You may also be subject to civil action for unauthorized use of the public lands or related waters and their resources, for violations of permit terms, conditions, or stipulations, or for uses beyond those allowed by permit.[67 FR 61740, Oct. 1, 2002, as amended at 72 FR 7836, Feb. 21, 2007]