440.120 Prescribed drugs, dentures, prosthetic devices, and eyeglasses.§ 440.120 Prescribed drugs, dentures, prosthetic devices, and eyeglasses.
(a) “Prescribed drugs” means simple or compound substances or mixtures of substances prescribed for the cure, mitigation, or prevention of disease, or for health maintenance that are -
(1) Prescribed by a physician or other licensed practitioner of the healing arts within the scope of this professional practice as defined and limited by Federal and State law;
(2) Dispensed by licensed pharmacists and licensed authorized practitioners in accordance with the State Medical Practice Act; and
(3) Dispensed by the licensed pharmacist or practitioner on a written prescription that is recorded and maintained in the pharmacist's or practitioner's records.
(b) “Dentures” are artificial structures made by or under the direction of a dentist to replace a full or partial set of teeth.
(c) “Prosthetic devices” means replacement, corrective, or supportive devices prescribed by a physician or other licensed practitioner of the healing arts within the scope of his practice as defined by State law to -
(1) Artificially replace a missing portion of the body;
(2) Prevent or correct physical deformity or malfunction; or
(3) Support a weak or deformed portion of the body.
(d) “Eyeglasses” means lenses, including frames, and other aids to vision prescribed by a physician skilled in diseases of the eye or an optometrist.