417.484 Requirement applicable to related entities.§ 417.484 Requirement applicable to related entities.
(a) Definition. As used in this section, related entity means any entity that is related to the HMO or CMP by common ownership or control and -
(1) Performs some of the HMO's or CMP's management functions under contract or delegation;
(2) Furnishes services to Medicare enrollees under an oral or written agreement; or
(3) Leases real property or sells materials to the HMO or CMP at a cost of more than $2,500 during a contract period.
(b) Requirement. The contract must provide that the HMO or CMP agrees to require all related entities to agree that -
(1) HHS, the Comptroller General, or their designees have the right to inspect, evaluate, and audit any pertinent books, documents, papers, and records of the subcontractor involving transactions related to the subcontract; and
(2) The right under paragraph (b)(1) of this section to information for any particular contract period will exist for a period equivalent to that specified in § 417.482(f).
(3) That payments must not be made to individuals and entities included on the preclusion list, defined in § 422.2 of this chapter.[50 FR 1346, Jan. 10, 1985, as amended at 58 FR 38082, July 15, 1993; 81 FR 80556, Nov. 15, 2016; 83 FR 16721, Apr. 16, 2018]