107.200 Definitions.§ 107.200 Definitions.
Unless otherwise specified, as used in this subpart:
Auxiliary vessel includes every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water attached to, or embarked in, another vessel to which this subpart applies.
Cuban territorial waters means the territorial sea and internal waters of Cuba determined in accordance with international law.
Owner, agent, master, officer, or person in charge means the persons or entities that maintain operational control over any vessel subject to the requirements of this subpart.
U.S. territorial waters has the same meaning as provided in 50 U.S.C. 195.
Vessel includes every description of watercraft or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on water, including auxiliary vessels.
Vessel of the United States means -
(1) A vessel documented under chapter 121 of title 46 or a vessel numbered as provided in chapter 123 of that title;
(2) A vessel owned in whole or part by -
(i) The United States or a territory, commonwealth, or possession of the United States;
(ii) A State or political subdivision thereof;
(iii) a citizen or national of the United States; or
(iv) A corporation, partnership, association, trust, joint venture, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or any other legal entity, created and authorized to own vessels under the laws of the United States or any State, the District of Columbia, or any territory, commonwealth, or possession of the United States; unless the vessel has been granted the nationality of a foreign nation in accordance with article 5 of the 1958 Convention on the High Seas and a claim of nationality or registry for the vessel is made by the master or individual in charge at the time of the enforcement action by an officer or employee of the United States authorized to enforce applicable provisions of United States law;
(3) A vessel that was once documented under the laws of the United States and, in violation of the laws of the United States, was either sold to a person not a citizen of the United States or placed under foreign registry or a foreign flag, whether or not the vessel has been granted the nationality of a foreign nation;
(4) A vessel without nationality as defined in 46 U.S.C. Appendix 1903(c)(2)-(3); or
(5) A vessel assimilated to a vessel without nationality, in accordance with paragraph (2) of article 6 of the 1958 Convention on the High Seas.