106.205 Company Security Officer (CSO).§ 106.205 Company Security Officer (CSO).
(a) General. (1) An OCS facility owner or operator may designate a single CSO for all its OCS facilities to which this part applies, or may designate more than one CSO, in which case the owner or operator must clearly identify the OCS facilities for which each CSO is responsible.
(2) A CSO may perform other duties within the owner's or operator's organization, including the duties of a Facility Security Officer, provided he or she is able to perform the duties and responsibilities required of the CSO.
(3) The CSO may delegate duties required by this part, but remains responsible for the performance of those duties.
(4) The CSO must maintain a TWIC.
(b) Qualifications. The CSO must have general knowledge, through training or equivalent job experience, in the following:
(1) Security administration and organization of the OCS facility;
(2) OCS facility and vessel operations and conditions;
(3) OCS facility and vessel security measures including the meaning and consequential requirements of the different MARSEC Levels;
(4) Emergency preparedness and response and contingency planning;
(5) Security equipment and systems and their operational limitations;
(6) Methods of conducting audits, inspection, control, and monitoring; and
(7) Techniques for security training and education, including security measures and procedures.
(c) In addition to the knowledge and training in paragraph (b) of this section, the CSO must have general knowledge, through training or equivalent job experience, in the following, as appropriate:
(1) Relevant international conventions, codes, and recommendations;
(2) Relevant government legislation and regulations;
(3) Responsibilities and functions of other security organizations;
(4) Methodology of Facility Security Assessment.
(5) Methods of OCS facility security surveys and inspections;
(6) Handling sensitive security information (SSI) and security related communications;
(7) Knowledge of current security threats and patterns;
(8) Recognition and detection of dangerous substances and devices;
(9) Recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
(10) Techniques used to circumvent security measures;
(11) Methods of physical screening and non-intrusive inspections; and
(12) Conducting and assessing security drills and exercises.
(13) Knowledge of TWIC requirements.
(d) Responsibilities. In addition to any other duties required by this part, for each OCS facility for which the CSO is responsible, the CSO must:
(1) Keep the OCS facility apprised of potential threats or other information relevant to its security;
(2) Ensure that a Facility Security Assessment (FSA) is carried out in compliance with this part;
(3) Ensure that a Facility Security Plan (FSP) is developed, approved, maintained, and implemented in compliance with this part;
(4) Ensure that the FSP is modified when necessary to comply with this part;
(5) Ensure that OCS facility security activities are audited in compliance with this part;
(6) Ensure the timely correction of problems identified by audits or inspections;
(7) Enhance security awareness and vigilance within the owner's or operator's organization;
(8) Ensure relevant personnel receive adequate security training in compliance with this part;
(9) Ensure communication and cooperation between the OCS facility and vessels that interface with it, in compliance with this part;
(10) Ensure consistency between security requirements and safety requirements in compliance with this part;
(11) Ensure that if a common FSP is prepared for more than one similar OCS facility, the FSP reflects any OCS facility specific characteristics; and
(12) Ensure compliance with an Alternative Security Program or equivalents approved under this subchapter, if appropriate.
(13) Ensure the TWIC program is being properly implemented.[USCG-2003-14759, 68 FR 39345, July 1, 2003; 68 FR 41917, July 16, 2003, as amended at 68 FR 60558, Oct. 22, 2003; USCG-2006-24196, 72 FR 3585, Jan. 25, 2007]