105.105 Applicability.§ 105.105 Applicability.
(a) The requirements in this part apply to the owner or operator of any U.S.:
(1) Facility subject to 33 CFR parts 126, 127, or 154;
(2) Facility that receives vessels certificated to carry more than 150 passengers, except those vessels not carrying and not embarking or disembarking passengers at the facility;
(3) Facility that receives vessels subject to the International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, chapter XI;
(4) Facility that receives foreign cargo vessels greater than 100 gross register tons;
(5) Facility that receives U.S. cargo vessels, greater than 100 gross register tons, subject to 46 CFR chapter I, subchapter I, except for those facilities that receive only commercial fishing vessels inspected under 46 CFR part 105; or
(6) Barge fleeting facility that receives barges carrying, in bulk, cargoes regulated by 46 CFR chapter I, subchapters D or O, or Certain Dangerous Cargoes.
(b) An owner or operator of any facility not covered in paragraph (a) of this section is subject to parts 101 through 103 of this subchapter.
(c) This part does not apply to the owner or operator of the following U.S. facilities:
(1) A facility owned or operated by the U.S. that is used primarily for military purposes.
(2) An oil and natural gas production, exploration, or development facility regulated by 33 CFR parts 126 or 154 if:
(i) The facility is engaged solely in the exploration, development, or production of oil and natural gas; and
(ii) The facility does not meet or exceed the operating conditions in § 106.105 of this subchapter;
(3) A facility that supports the production, exploration, or development of oil and natural gas regulated by 33 CFR parts 126 or 154 if:
(i) The facility is engaged solely in the support of exploration, development, or production of oil and natural gas and transports or stores quantities of hazardous materials that do not meet or exceed those specified in 49 CFR 172.800(b)(1) through (b)(6); or
(ii) The facility stores less than 42,000 gallons of cargo regulated by 33 CFR part 154;
(4) A mobile facility regulated by 33 CFR part 154; or
(5) An isolated facility that receives materials regulated by 33 CFR parts 126 or 154 by vessel due to the lack of road access to the facility and does not distribute the material through secondary marine transfers.
(d) The TWIC requirements found in this part do not apply to mariners employed aboard vessels moored at U.S. facilities only when they are working immediately adjacent to their vessels in the conduct of vessel activities.[USCG-2003-14732, 68 FR 39322, July 1, 2003, as amended at 68 FR 60541, Oct. 22, 2003; USCG-2006-24196, 72 FR 55048, Sept. 28, 2007]